Sunday, November 8, 2009

great weekend away & the advent calendar

Last weekend at Sewjourn was my first sewing weekend away and it was well worth it. Just a short drive out of Melbourne and you're free to sew for hours & hours without interruption (except to be called in for meals..... not too bad really). Lots of hints & tips were absorbed from here, here & here. I was able to make a great start on my advent calendar pockets, they were quite labor intensive - but I'm hoping the end result will make it all worthwhile. I was able to complete 18 whilst I was away, 6 more to go...




Excuse the pin holding pocket '1' closed, I've ordered some vintage brass laundry pins to close up each pocket once a goodie has been placed inside. Hopefully they arrive before dec 1st and they look good. The finished pockets will be strung on a wooden board which is currently in production.


I also did a little work on this dolls quilt (about 21" sq.), it's for a 1st birthday/christening - hope she likes it, it was completed lastnight. Made from scraps, it feels nice to make something from scraps, nothing is wasted.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great weekend Lisa, I hear it's a wonderful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very lovely. both. the caldarbags and the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Advent Calendar is looking great - can't wait to see the finished product. I'm so pleased you had a fun weekend

    ReplyDelete