Sunday, June 14, 2009

all together

I’d been eyeing off this linen thread the last few times I visited Amitie and on Friday I bought it (only $7.00), I’m going to do the quilting with it since there is quite a bit of linen in this quilt – it should go nicely.

It's all together, basted and ready for quilting. The top is about 58" square, I'm not going to do a border on this one.

100% wool batting was my choice for this quilt, it's sooooooo soft & cosy warm with a nice loft. Previously I've used 100% cotton or a cotton mix batting, I don't know if I'll be able to go back to it - maybe the cost will decide.... I would like to try bamboo batting though, I've read that it is supposed to be super soft. That may have to be ordered online as my local doesn't currently stock that one, that's going to take preparation...

For the backing I chose a nice flannel which was 50% off (this made the decision even easier). It could have been made into a nice pair of pj pants - oh well...

The binding fabric was also purchased on friday, I love it and can't wait to get to that stage. It's a medium weight cotton (I think) with a linen sort of look.

2 comments:

  1. oooohhh! I'm going to have to visit the brighton button shop! I bought some new needles and have been fashioning Annie a scarf :) we need to get together and knit! (the boys can play guitar) hehe xx em

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this quilt finished BTW!

    ReplyDelete