Sunday, June 21, 2009

it's cold and knitted items are required

It's a slow process, but every night I do a little more. I'm loving the linen thread, the randomness of the quilting and the warmth on my lap - this is such a cosy quilt. It has been rather chilly of late, not surprising since we're in winter.


Went to a Wondoflex last week, what a wool treat that was wow! wow! wow! so many beautiful wools. It makes a nice change when you have to decide on which beautiful wool to use rather than which one out of this mound of crap will I relunctantly choose. The wools chosen below are both from Italy, wools you just wouldn't find in those gigantic barns. The red scarf is complete as well as a beanie, now the order is in for 2 more beanies. Just when I thought I had fulfilled the knitting orders... They are quick knits so it's not too bad I guess, I am not however putting my hand up to make any jumpers.

2 comments:

  1. I've just been checking out your blog, your work is fantastic, great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that's it. You have to help me. I might bring my knitting over this Friday and you can give me a few pointers. Desperately wanting to knit myself a scarf that is just a tad funky :)

    ReplyDelete