Saturday, February 19, 2011

weekend away

I had a lovely weekend away with two lovely girls, Em & Leslie - thank you both!  I can't believe a week has already gone by - I made a dress, burda 7808 version B below, minus the collar + sleeves and minus the pockets.  It's made from linen I found at lincraft and it was 50% off, bargain for an attempt at a garment for me.  The dress turned out ok, I'm quite pleased as now I can see a little potential in the garment arena.  It's not quite perfect but I think I'll wear it, after a few washes it should soften up a bit and hang quite nicely.




I also added a few squares to my fabric sampler as well as some hand quilting on calico & linen.  Next time I'll be more prepared, perhaps cut things out before going - lesson learned.  I should also read the pattern instructions before just sewing pieces together.  There was a little unpicking, just a little + a little.



Whilst this isn't the cottage we stayed in (in Warragul), it's a photo taken from the front porch looking at the neighbour's verandah - I just liked it :)

It was so nice to get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment