Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I've made my own rubber stamps

After a whole lot of inspiration from a class I attended on Sunday (see previous post), I thought I'd give stamp making a go.  Yesterday I went to an art shop at lunchtime and purchased a couple of ezy carve printing blocks and some lino cutting tools. These first practice ones I did last night using erasers, the flower below was from an eraser 2cm x 6cm.  It's quite satisfying dabbling in this new found craft.  I'll admit I was a little pleased with myself :) I'm well aware they aren't works of art, but I'm happy with the outcome and the possibilities.

The one below is of flip & bells, which I may put on my fabric collage - I had sketched this in the class with the intention of sewing the design on.  I used the real printing block for this one, it's so nice to carve into.  The block is 8cm x 8cm.
what will tonight bring forth......?

2 comments:

  1. you clever little chicken - I love Flip and Bells!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. I have a stamp making kit that I haven't used yet, bought it ages ago, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete